QuickBooks Desktop is used by various small and medium-sized companies to manage their financial health. It calculates employee salaries, files taxes, and many other accounting activities. All the information related to the organization is saved within the company file. While opening the company file on QuickBooks, users sometimes get QuickBooks error 6143. It mainly occurs because of the damaged company file component. Keep reading the blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks company file error 6143, its causes, and troubleshooting techniques.
If you are fed up with QuickBooks error 6143 and want an instant solution to fix it, dial +1 800-579-9430 and get troubleshooting assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team
Main causes of QuickBooks Company File Error 6143
It is crucial to know what triggers the error, so you can choose the most appropriate solution to fix the error. Down below is the list of reasons behind the error:
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks file component.
- Working on an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
Given below are the solutions to rectify the issue.
Read more :- QuickBooks unrecoverable error
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop error
Solution 1. From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the File Doctor
It will help you rectify company file and network issues within the QuickBooks Desktop:
- Before closing the QuickBooks window, make sure all company files are closed.
- Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file and save it to your Windows Desktop.
- Go to desktop, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the step-wise instructions.
- To complete the installation process, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and double-click to open it.
- From there, select the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When the File Doctor opens, choose your company file from the drop-down list. If you can’t find your file, find it by clicking Browse and search.
- Select the Check your file option, then click Continue.
- When prompted, input the required details and click Next.
- Let the File Doctor scan the company file. It may take around 5 minutes.
- When the scan completes, open QuickBooks and the company file.
If you still get the same error, try the next solution.
Read more :- QuickBooks update error
Solution 2. Create a portable company file and then open it
- Launch QuickBooks as an administrator, go to the File menu and choose Create Copy.
- Click Portable company file and then Next.
- Give a unique name to the portable company file, so you can easily distinguish it from other company files.
- Save the portable company file to Windows Desktop so you can easily find it, click Save, and then OK.
To open the portable company file:
- Start QuickBooks as an admin, select the File menu and then Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Restore a portable file and then Next.
- Choose your portable company file and then Open.
- Read the ‘Where do you want to restore the file’ page, select Next and then Save.
If the company file error recurs, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Make use of Auto Data Recovery
The following steps will help you recover the data by using the original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file:
- On your Windows desktop, create a new folder with the name QBTest.
- Find the folder containing the company file, open it and look for the .tlg file
- If the .tlg file is not visible, you need to show file extensions.
- Copy the .tlg file and paste it to the QBTest folder.
- Open the new QBTest folder you created, look for the .QBW.adr file, right-click it and select the Rename option.
- Remove .adr from the file name.
- Open QuickBooks and then the company file saved on the QBTest folder.
- Check all the transactions, then select the File menu and then Utilities.
- Select Verify Data and check the data integrity of the recovered file.
- If everything is good with the company file saved in the QBTest folder, shift it to the original location and move the damaged one to a different location.
If none of the above troubleshooting solutions helped you overcome QuickBooks error 6143, consult the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430..
Related article :- QuickBooks error 40001