We know that we are in need of professional real estate photography that will boost the true ability of a property and will take the best possible deal for your clients. However, there will be times that when for whatever cause behind, you just need to furl your sleeves, pick the phone and snap a photo for your own listings.
Below are the tips to go the DIY routes and still get the best results.
Tips to shoot great listing images
- Decluttering. Clutter is the usual denominator in numerous bad real estate pictures. Make sure that you take your time to make as blank the canvas as possible, and so that the prospect can see them in it.
- Let the light come in. Open the blinds or the curtains and take as much sunlight in each area as possible. The natural lighting will appear great in the DIY pictures and unless you are using an expert flash, it is downright necessary.
- Aim for the natural height. The pictures taken from the awkward height will appear amateur. You do not wish to go that low as this can likely reveal really much of their furniture. You also do not want to go that high as you will get that much of their ceiling.
What images must be in the shot list?
Make the predetermined shot lists so you may be able to arrive at a property knowing precisely what you want and wasted no time in taking awkward photos.
- 1-3 photos of their backyard
- 1 photo of their bathroom
- 2 wide shots from their kitchen, living room and bathroom
- 1-2 photos of their house front area (try getting different angles)
- 1 shot for each of the added features from around the house
Of course, each of the property has its personal, unique selling points. A property might have that amazing fireplace within their living room, while the other might have that breathtaking pool space. It is OK to have a number of pictures and then select from the finest of the finest leather. Just be sure you have the shot lists on standby so that you will know your must-have pictures that you cannot leave a property without taking pictures.
How to stage that stellar image?
Just in order to create every room of a property appealing, you will have to get serious regarding staging.
- Get rid of every clutter. Take decluttering seriously. You will need to go far as to emptying your kitchen sink, clearing your counter top and taking out any other needless items that will be a distraction.
- Remove any controversial or personal or items. These will include items that will indicate sports teams family photos and if there is any political affiliations.
- Consider pet peeves of the owner. The fridge magnets, wrinkly sheets, dirty mirrors, toilet seat up, and many more/ Be certain that a property will look close to perfection when possible.
The moment that you are finished staging every room, always remember to have the full walkthrough before starting the photo shoot. Ask yourself: Will there be anything that will turn a possible buyer of a property? Will there more things to add?
Remember, you are selling a lifestyle. So go ahead and the set up the dining table for two, put fresh flowers, add some candles and anything else that will make the prospect buyers see themselves living in there.
Types of the editing software that can be used
When you made it up to this far, you may be thinking that the real estate photography things are not totally a big deal, but do not be fooled. The photo editing procedure is major. And it is where the professional photographers are really working their magic. But still lucky for you, there’ll be a number of gears that will make editing accessible to those of us without formal photography training.
In essence, the HDR photography takes diverse photos of the similar image (one normal, one light, and dark) and then unites them to make an incredibly dynamic picture, using the contrasting shades of lights from the diverse images.
The software has been in circulation for years now in the industry of photography and were recently introduced to Android devices and iPhones.