Summer is the greatest time to visit Kedar Kantha Valley, which runs from June to September. People travel from different locations and regions so in this article I will mention some of the cities and how to travel from cities to kedarkantha.
In this article, I will tell you how to travel to kedarkantha from Delhi.
There are 3 ways to reach kedarkantha from Delhi.
Firstly, by bus
Secondly, by train
Thirdly, by air, at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter in what way you have traveled, at least it’s about how well you have enjoyed the trip.
HOW TO REACH FROM DELHI TO KEDARKANTHA BY ROAD.
- The distance between kedarkantha to Delhi is around 452 km by road
- Are you worried about how to reach kedarkantha, do not worry there are many ways to do it?
There are direct buses from Delhi to Dehradun. These buses leave from the central bus station in Delhi and the main depot at Dehradun. Once you reach Dehradun you can take another bus from Dehradun which will directly take you to sankri, now you can hire a cab to reach kedarkantha.
The decision is completely yours, you can also travel by drive. It takes 2 days to reach kedarkantha from Delhi. But it’s quite expensive compared to bus rides. This drive is mostly not recommended because everyone gets tired, as you are traveling to kedarkantha there are a lot more places to see.
The best way is to travel by bus with an A/C and sleeping seats and the journey feels so relaxed and safe too.
HOW TO REACH FROM DELHI TO KEDARKANTHA BY AIR.
- The distance between kedarkantha and Delhi is about 300m. It is easy to travel to kedarkantha from Delhi, firstly taking a flight from Delhi airport to Jolly Grant airport, Dehradun. After you reach jolly grant airport at the exit gate you can find yourself some taxi or cab directly to the kedarkantha.
- If you want to save money you can also travel by bus which is cost-effective, if you travel with family it’s better to travel by cab.
HOW TO GET TO KEDARKANTHA BY RAIL FROM DELHI.
- It is not important in what ways you are traveling you should have the comfortability and cost-effectiveness to travel. The most advised is to travel by rail as it is very easy and safe to travel with family and friends.
- Traveling by train around rocky areas gives a very good environment around us and it becomes the best sightseeing on the way to kedar kantha.
- You have to get down at a station called Rishikesh. The distance between Rishikesh and kedarkantha is 105km. You can simply book a cab and get down in kedarkantha.
While traveling people will have some common doubts so I will discuss a few in this article.
- The distance between kedarkantha and Delhi is around 279km.
- The best way to travel is by train, it takes 8hr to reach kedar kantha
Due to the covid situation, there are some conditions to be followed.
Face mask compulsory
Sanitizers to be carried, to get a covid test done before traveling.
In case of any illness for a safety-first aid kit is to be maintained.
The covid 19 helpline number in kedarkantha is 1800118797.
You have to wear a mask in a public area.
HOW TO TRAVEL FROM MUMBAI TO KEDARKANTHA.
Moving further towards the southwest, Mumbaikar trekkers can opt for trains, airways as the distance between these cities are vast.
The railway provides trains departing from Mumbai Central to Haridwar and Dehradun railway station. Although, this may seem like an excruciating train journey. To save time, one can choose to book flights from Mumbai to Dehradun Jolly Grant Airport.
HOW TO TRAVEL FROM MUSSOORIE.
Kedarkantha and Sankri village are approximately 155 km away from Mussoorie.
You can choose to hike there or travel through local or private transport service. Also, don’t forget to visit the nearby attractions while in Mussoorie!
HOW TO TRAVEL FROM UTTARPRADESH TO KEDARKANTHA
Uttar Pradesh is located towards the south of Uttarakhand.
The majority of the trains depart from Lucknow to Dehradun.
Airways is also an alternative though traveling by air at such a short distance may feel expensive.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO CARRY
- 2 Water bottles and a rain cover.
- If required personal medical kit.
- Shoes as mentioned above.
- Torch with batteries.
- Original identity card.
- Empty tiffin box.
- Carry chocolates and biscuits, if necessary