Going to the gym for the first time does not have to be difficult.
Everyone has different reasons for joining the gym. And many people are worried about using the tools if they have never worked out in the gym before. These gym exercises for beginners are suitable for a variety of purposes, whether you want to lose weight or burn fat, build muscle and strength or improve your fitness.
As a beginner, how long should you work out?
Set a goal to continue the exercise program for 3 months. Building a long-term workout routine is about building good habits, which means giving your mind and body time to get used to doing something new.
Each exercise should take 45 minutes to 1 hour and you should always leave 24 hours between exercises to relax and recover.
How much weight should you lift?
As a beginner, the best thing you can do is start at the lower end of the weight spectrum and work your way up until you reach about 60/70% of your maximum limit (the maximum amount of weight you can lift by 1 repetition is a good form). That will give you a good idea of what to start with and you can gradually increase your weight gradually each week.
What are reps and sets?
A rep is how many times you repeat a task, and the set is how many repetitions you do. So if you lift 10 times on the pressure bench, that could be ‘one set of 10 reps’. If you take a short break and do the same again, you will have completed ‘two sets of 10 reps’.
Beginner gym workout for females
This exercise for women is designed to tone the whole body, with a slight emphasis on the legs and glutes (bottom).
- Sitting leg sitting (10 reps x 3 sets)
- You are always clapping (10 reps x 3 sets)
- Close lat pulldown hold (10 reps x 3 sets)
- Weight Loss (10 reps x 3 sets)
- Full / Knee Pressure (10 reps x 3 set)
- Plank (30 seconds x 3)
- Leg lifts (10 reps x 3 sets)
Beginner gym workout for males
These exercises are designed to help men gain strength and slim weight. This is a beginner’s full-body exercise focused on the arms and middle.
- Chest sitting (10 reps x 4 sets)
- Fixed lines (10 reps x 4 sets)
- Wide lat pulldown capture (10 reps x 4 sets)
- Sitting leg sitting (10 reps x 4 sets)
- Dumbbell sitting on shoulder pressure (10 reps x 4 sets)
- Dumbbell bicep curls (10 reps x 4 sets)
- Close tricep press ups (10 reps x 4 set)
- Cable spinning / twisting (10 reps x 4 set)
- Reverse crunches (10 reps x 4 sets)
Beginner gym workout for strength
The rep range of strength training is 4 – 6 reps and the idea of this program is to use more energy with less repetition (which will mean lifting more weight).
- Barbell push press (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Goblet squat (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Dumbbell single arm row (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Shoulder shoulder height (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Bench pressure (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Pull up / pull pull up (6 reps x 4 sets)
- Barbell bicep curls (8 reps x 4 sets)
- Tricep extensions over cable (8 reps x 4 sets)
- Rotating board (30 seconds x 4)
Beginner gym workout for fat loss
These exercises are designed to increase your heart rate and make you sweat.
- Plate thrusters (15 reps x 3 sets)
- Hikers (20 reps x 3 sets)
- Box Jumping (10 reps x 3 sets)
- Walk out (10 reps x 3 sets)
- Inverted lines (full plank / bend) (10 on each side x 3 sets)
- Press up (full plank / bend) (15 reps x 3 sets)
- Treadmill 10 min running / steep terrain (no hands)
- Supermans (full plank / bend) (10 reps x 3 sets)
- Crunches (10 reps x 3 sets)
Beginner gym workout for cardio equipment
This combination of regular and temporary cardio sessions with different weights will help to combine your workout and prevent you from getting bored.
- 5 minutes treadmill walk (if you like slopes)
- 5 minutes rower (stable)
- 1 minute running / 1 minute walking treadmill x 10 (easy) / 15 (medium) / 20 (hard)
- 10 min master floors (stable)
- Cross Trainer (Keep One Speed) – 1 minute minimum effort level / 1 minute maximum effort level x 10 (easy) / 15 (medium) / 20 (hard)
Beginner gym circuit programm
Circuit training is a great way to use extra calories and target multiple areas at the same time, especially those that have a time limit on their sessions.
- 2 minutes rower
- Switch-sided plank (45 seconds)
- Bicep curl to the shoulder press (45 seconds)
- Tricep dips (45 seconds)
- Squat jump (45 seconds)
- Press up on superman (full / knee) (45 seconds)
Read more about Food To Increase Blood Platelets