Businesses in the hospitality sector, such as bars and restaurants, must undergo restaurant cleaning and disinfection daily. Not only because of the activity that takes place inside but also because of the current circumstances because of COVID-19.
After all, these businesses perform a primary activity for many people: they prepare and offer food and drink to their customers. Your service already required hygiene and neatness before the pandemic, but now with it, they are even more important factors.
For this reason, we are going to leave you with some useful tips below to properly and thoroughly disinfect and clean the areas and objects of a bar and a restaurant. Without neglecting the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health of the state government.
- 1 Steps to properly disinfect a bar or restaurant
- 2 When to intensify cleaning and disinfection in a bar or restaurant?
- 3 SCS Group Cleaning Solution disinfects and cleans your restaurant or bar in Melbourne
- 3.1 Do you require a team of professionals with whom to disinfect your restaurant or bar in Melbourne? Contact SCS Group Cleaning Solution!
Steps to properly disinfect a bar or restaurant
In order to carry out a much more effective and exhaustive cleaning and disinfection, whether it is in a restaurant, a bar, or any other business, you must first organize yourself and distribute the tasks. Therefore, it is recommended to perform the following steps beforehand:
- Evaluate and determine which areas need cleaning and how often it needs to be done.
- Determine how often and in which areas the disinfection will be carried out.
- Analyze what resources we will need and who will be in charge of each area.
Once determined on these points, continue with the tasks themselves. We must begin the execution of the plan. For this, it is recommended:
- Clean areas and surfaces that have a high traffic of people and frequent contact.
- Cleaning technicians and workers who come to the business must actively protect themselves: wear gloves to carry out cleaning and disinfection tasks, as well as an FP2 mask.
- If the disinfections are established periodically, the Department of Health mentioned what we must consider:
Use an EPA List N disinfectant product external icon that is effective against COVID-19. Check that the product’s EPA external icon registration number matches the registration number in the N-List search tool. See tips on using the external icon N-List Tool.
If products on the EPA List N external icon: Disinfectants Effective Against Coronavirus (COVID-19) are not available, chlorine bleach solutions may be used if suitable for the surface.
- Likewise, the disinfection of chairs, tables, and utensils used by diners must be carried out when they vacate the table. This step is essential to take care of the well-being of future clients.
- In addition, for sofas, carpets, curtains, and other soft surfaces, the Ministry of Health recommends:
Clean the surface with a product that contains soap, detergent, or another type of cleaner that is suitable for use on these surfaces.
Wash items (if possible) following the manufacturer’s instructions. Ensure it completely dried them by using the maximum water temperature allowed.
If you need to disinfect, use an EPA List N product external icon approved for use on soft surfaces.
Vacuum as usual.
When to intensify cleaning and disinfection in a bar or restaurant?
As explained by the Australian Department of Health on its website, restaurants and hotels must clean and disinfect surfaces much more frequently if any of the following factors occur:
- High transmission of COVID-19 in your community.
- Fewer people wearing masks.
- Infrequent hand hygiene of customers.
- Certain people, occupy the space such as those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
SCS Group Cleaning Solution disinfects and cleans your restaurant or bar in Melbourne
If you need to ensure the disinfection and cleaning of your restaurant, bar, or hospitality business in Melbourne or the State of Victoria, don’t worry. SCS Group Cleaning Solution got your back! Contact our customer service team and find out about our services.
In addition, you can request a budget without commitment. And remember: for us the main thing is to take care of our clients and help them satisfy their needs.
Do you require a team of professionals with whom to disinfect your restaurant or bar in Melbourne? Contact SCS Group Cleaning Solution!